Sunday, April 22, 2012

On the other side

I'm here. I made it. I survived my work conference, though, it was getting dicey toward the end. I worked almost 55 hours between Wednesday and Saturday. Then I went and played a three-hour gig on Saturday night.

Die. Hard.

The conference: long hours, aching feet, earphones that didn't fit right on a walkie-talkie that never delivered good news, short tempers, the lovely San Antonio Riverwalk, headphones that didn't fit right in the production booth for two large events featuring people with no regard for scripts or clocks, some good food enjoyed in a very cool restaurant, a lot of mediocre food wolfed down in a hurry between events or while doing other things, a lot of money thrown around like rice at a wedding but none thrown at me, someone from high school recognizing me while I worked a chaotic raffle sale in an industry expo, some great people, some not great people, a photo with David Robinson, and a predicted but nonetheless vile meltdown (not mine).

There's more I could say, but you get the idea. A couple of high points and a lot of agony. So, rather than stay focused on it, let's stamp that bitch "Done!" and turn our attention back to things that are awesome - the BAND. I'll write about what The Staylyns have been doing in the next post...after I get some more sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Done and done! Congrats on getting the hell conference over with. On to happier times...after some sleep. :-)

    ReplyDelete