Monday, April 16, 2012

Hell Week


My Hell Week has begun. It actually began this Saturday, when I had to work a full day to get ready for my company's annual conference, which starts on Wednesday and lasts until early afternoon on Saturday. But since technically that was last week, I'll say that Hell Week began today.

I call it that because Wednesday-Friday will be 14-16 hour days each, much of that on my feet. Most hotels and convention centers are freezing, so that contributes to the discomfort, and there are certain events that resemble controlled chaos. Add some pretty nasty personalities to the unavoidable exhaustion, and you have...Hell.


Saturday is shorter, thangod, BUT when I get home Saturday afternoon, I'll have just enough time to grab a quick nap before...(I'll give you one guess...) a GIG! Yes, that's right after working about 60 hours in the span of four days, I will rally myself to perform for a private event on Saturday night. You know why? Cuz I'm a pro, baby!

Okay, I'm not going to lie. It's probably going to be brutal. But it'll be worth it.

Before Saturday's gig, though, while I'm slaving away at my day job, Johnny and Joey are going to have FUN at a super cool gig. The boys are going to play duo-style on Friday, April 20, at Clusterfest, a music festival on the campus of Southwestern University in Georgetown. They'll be playing in a lineup that includes Black Joe Lewis and The Honeybears, Future Islands and headliner Sleigh Bells! Awesome. And I'm gonna miss it. :(

I'm bummed for me, but I'm excited for the boys and for our band. We're really getting to play some fun gigs these days, and it looks like that's going to continue, so that makes us all psyched.

If you want to catch us before we get bodyguards and stuff, you should definitely come out to one of our upcoming shows. Definitely.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you'll miss Clusterfest, but glad to hear the boys will be there...been a well publicized event amongst the alumni groups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the artist? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a drawing by Ridley! Love it!

    Good luck on your conference!!

    ReplyDelete