Sunday, August 5, 2012

Someone hates our phones

We almost had another phone casualty right before our gig at Junior's on Friday night. This time it was my phone, and again it was a near drowning. It involved this guy:



I won't talk about what I had to do to rescue said phone, but let's just say I didn't have time think about it - I just had to act. And Junior's needs to do a better job keeping their soap dispenser stocked. I'd also suggest keeping some hand/arm sanitizer handy.

After the immediate rescue, I pulled the phone apart, dried everything with paper towels, then stashed it in pieces and open in my purse. As soon as we got home, I put it in rice, and by Saturday evening, it was operational, though with an abstract kind of screen.

By Sunday morning, the screen looked normal again, but the touch isn't quite as sensitive as usual. We'll see if that resolves itself, but I'm just happy I'm all back and tethered again to the mobile Interwebs. I was pretty sure all day Saturday that people were trying to call me and thought I was ignoring them. "No, I'm not answering your calls. You know what you did!"

Hopefully this is the end of our phone drama for a while. I don't know why God hates our phones, but if he wants us to start using iPads or something, all he has to do is give us free ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment