Sunday, September 9, 2012

Life needs to back off

Has it really been almost three weeks since my last post? What the...?

Sorry for the silence. I wasn't ignoring you - it's just been kinda crazy in the land of The Staylyns. I'll see if I can do a photo recap of what all has been going on. I make no promises that these will all be actual photos of us, but see if you can figure out which ones aren't actually us!

We've done a bunch of this:


Johnny and I dealt with this at our rental properties:

"We may need a machete for that back part."




"An anteater is probably the cheapest solution."

"So, you're saying that a ceiling fan isn't insufficient when it's 104 degrees outside?"
I did this:


You may not be sure exactly what you're looking at there, but the upshot is that I'm allergic to a lot of things. Yay.

We all did a lot of this:

I'm in the process of changing jobs, and right now they're overlapping, so when I'm not working at the office job, I'm at home working at the new job, while juggling gigs and all the other stuff going on. Luckily, the office job will be wrapping up this week, so that should ease things. Johnny and Joe continue to kick it at their office jobs, too, which also happen to involve a great deal of time on computers. So, yeah. And you thought our music career was affording us a life of luxury!

We did all manage a little R&R. Joe took a break from working and gigging to hit some karaoke, and the word on the street is that he kills on Madonna's "Like a Virgin." And Johnny and I got in a little of this after Labor Day:




Then we capped off the last few weeks with some very fun gigs this weekend, where last night this happened:


Because Joe and Johnny are MacGyver-like professionals, we were able to continue with the show, despite this little accident occurring mid-way through the second set. How, you ask? Two words: duct tape. It fixes everything, people.

So, that's pretty much the last few weeks in a nutshell. There were other things on all of our plates, but that gives you the general idea. Sometimes life intrudes on our rock n' roll! Luckily, we're getting back to our normal groove, though, so onward ho! (Did you figure out which photos weren't really us? Take your time.)

1 comment:

  1. Loved the photo captions as part of your blog! Except your poor arm and the picture of the termites(?!). UGH! I guess we can say life is never boring.

    Are ya'll going to incorporate "Like a Virgin" into your set list? Rock on, Joey K!

    ReplyDelete